Each morning the first thing I do when I arise is ask God to help me make a difference in someone's life for the day. Because I have made this commitment to myself, I'm always looking for things I can do for others.
· Complement those you come in contact with.
· Tell the presenter or your teacher or your boss you enjoyed their presentation.
· Read or play a game with a child.
· Listen to a friend.
· Put a positive message on your social media.
· Help in your community. Tell the grocer you like the display. Thank the pharmacist for quick service.
Create a list that works for you. Most of these things take less than five minutes, and unexpected benefit of this come back to you an hundred fold.
· If I smile at someone they smile back, making my day happier.
· When I give a complement, seeing the delight on the person's face gives me joy.
· I smile at the thank you that comes when I tell someone 'good job.'
· Spending time with a child fills my soul with love. There is nothing more rewarding than adding light to a child's life.
· When I listen to a friend, my life is enriched as I see their strength in struggling through difficulty.
· My positive social media messages bring retweets on twitter and views to my blog. Maybe someone has connected with my words.
In short, the benefit of the positive energy I give to the world enriches my life a lot more than it does others. It's a great way to live.
What happens when I fall off the wagon and get upset? I:
· Take a deep breath.
· Tell myself it's okay.
· Look at the positive energy I've put into my life that wouldn't otherwise be there.
· Give myself an attitude adjustment.
· Smile and start over.