Sunday, May 1, 2011

Small Things

I was reading my scriptures this morning in Alma 37 where Alma is giving his son Helaman the plates. In verse six, he tells Helaman that "by small and simple things are great things brought to pass." If he keeps the plates, which he does, what great thing have come to pass from that? How much joy has the Book of Mormon brought to the world?

So I've been thinking about the small and simple things in my life. The millions of meals I have cooked have sustained me and my family. The little time I spend reading my scriptures daily, sustains me and fills me with love and the Spirit. Spading up my rose garden brings me beauty all summer long and memories through the long winter.

Think of the small things you do daily. How do they impact the big picture of your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment