Thursday, July 4, 2013

Overcoming Life's Handicaps


Helen Keller

As I looked for positive self-talk quotes the other day, I came across several by Helen Keller. We all know the story of Helen’s mind opening to the understanding of language through the dedicated efforts of her teacher, Anne Sullivan. How difficult it must have been for Helen to overcome her handicaps. What obstacles she had. 



Helen became the first deaf/blind person to earn a college degree, graduating from Radcliff in 1904. Helen went on to become a writer, public speaker, and an advocate for the disabled.

She is an inspiration in positive thinking and actions. Here are a few of her quotes. Enjoy.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched—they must be felt with the heart.

What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.

Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still l can do something.

1 comment:

  1. I love these quote; thanks for sharing them. As you know I have a blind granddaughter and I love the story of Helen Keller.
    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete