Saturday, October 31, 2015

Love Gifts



Grandkids are such fun. They leave such happy memories at our house. After they have visited, I always find fin treasures around. These love-gifts make me smile and bring joy to my life.
It's holiday season again, and children and family will be visiting. Take a few minutes to notice the love-gifts your children and grandchildren leave you. These gifts will make you smile as you remember them through the coming year.

Here are a few fun memories from our house.

Our four-year-old grandson loves to explore the house. He ends up combining the most interesting items. I never cease to wonder about what's going on in his brain. One rainy day I came in and set my umbrella on the back porch to dry out. When I went to go out later in the day, this is what I found. Go figure! What he was thinking!

Our six-year-old granddaughter loves to play at our house. It's a problem for her, though, because all the toys are in the family room in the basement. AND she's afraid to go down stairs by herself. So usually I go down with her and she gathers up the toys she wants and brings them upstairs. One day she was playing dress up and decided to include the farm animals. When it was time for her to go home, I asked her if she had put the toys away. She told me she had. The horses and cows were sleeping, and could she leave them upstairs so she wouldn't have to go get them next time. This is what I found.

We have a white board in the kitchen that everyone  loves to draw on. This is what I found after I'd taken three little granddaughters to a museum and the zoo.

Children are the joy of our lives. Treasure the gifts as they come to you. All too soon little ones grow up and all we have is our memories.

1 comment:

  1. All too soon they do grow up and we should treasure our moments with them. I loved the little things left behind. I will have to note this when my grandkids come. Sending love and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete