Disastrous events continue to plague our world, and finding peace in times of trauma can be an overwhelming challenge. Personal shock after a death or tragedy can devastate a family for generations to come.
This book discusses:
- how tragedy physically changes the brain and the body
- explains the healing techniques of mindfulness
- outlines skills for recovery from trauma.
Personal accounts of tragedy in the lives of people include:
- a 911 survivor
- a mother whose son was mangled in a roadside bomb in Afghanistan
- parents who had two children die of similar brain tumors
- a young adult whose father committed suicide
- a rape victim.
This is a great read to help each of us face the personal tragedies that come to all of us. Each chapter has a to-do list at the end to help set goals and outline techniques to aid us in finding peace in our lives--even with personal and world disasters that surround us daily.
Buy the book on Amazon
Buy the book at Familius