Sunday, October 31, 2010

Fear vs. Faith

Sometimes my lack of self confidence overwhelms me, and I fear becomes part of my existence. I think of all my mistakes and inadequacies. I am discouraged.

AA has a saying that Fear and Faith can't exist together. Fear is on one side of the coin and Faith on the other. Which side of the coin is up? Fear or Faith. At times the Fear side of my coin is up.

Then I remember the scripture in Second Timothy 1:7 (Paul wrote this during his second imprisonment just before he was martyred.) "God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love and of a sound mind." I have power to change my thinking. God loves me so I can love myself. Because my mind is sound, I can have Faith in myself.

I turn the coin over to the Faith side again and again and again. Sometimes it doesn't want to stay, but I anchor it down with prayer, and positive thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment