Jane had self esteem problems. She felt empty inside—like a shell of a person.
During the course of her therapy, Jane related enough of her childhood incidents of abuse, neglect, and battery so that she felt heard and validated. As she released her feelings, she began to let go of the negative energy toward her mother.
In following this path, she was surprised to find that she could remember happy times in her life.
She began to see good in herself. She wasn't perfect, but she was good enough.
“When we forgive and let go, not only does a huge weight drop off your shoulders, but the doorway to your own self-love opens.” — Louise L. Hay.
How did Jane accomplish this?
· *She acknowledged that she felt empty inside.
· * She talked and journaled enough of the abuse to give her a road map to healing.
· *She understood the wounds in her mother.
· * She felt compassion and forgave her mother.
Through this process she came upon some surprising results. As she released the negative energy inside herself, positive thoughts began to flow in.
· *She felt compassion for herself and own wounds.
· * She could see herself in a more positive light.
· * She filled herself with happiness and love so she was no longer an empty vessel.
· *She gave service to those around her, helping them find a more positive way.