Sunday, March 1, 2015

Be Grateful for Small Daily Miracles



Sometimes I go rushing around through life, exasperated that I have so much to do and so little time to do it. At the end of the day I'm irritable, exhausted, and feeling depressed.

What to do about it?
How do I improve my quality of life?

Every morning when I get out of bed, I take a few minutes to give thanks the small miracles of my life.

Health: I breathe in and out, and I'm grateful for healthy lungs.

Light: I feel the warmth of the sun streaming in my bedroom window, and I'm grateful for light.

Service: A dear friend—an older lady—passed away. I knew and loved her for many years. The person from our church who usually made arrangements for the funeral luncheons was out of town, and I was asked to take care of the details. God knew how much I loved this dear departed friend, so He allowed me to serve her this one last time at her passing.

Friendship: A lady came up to me at a book signing last week and said I looked familiar. I recognized her as a co-worker from twenty years ago. We rekindled our friendship and enjoyed getting reacquainted. The blessings of friendship are all around us if we look.

Love from the past: I received an old letter yesterday saved by a family member. It was written by my grandmother at the time of my father's death over sixty years ago. I was a small child at the time of his passing so I was grateful to receive the details of the events surrounding his death. I'm thankful that my grandmother took time to write the details so many years ago.

Love from the present: My granddaughter sat on the grass and read a book yesterday.

Find the small miracles in your life. Give thanks for them. 

Daily gratitude enhances and enriches all our lives.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for these beautiful thoughts; I needed them today. I find I do need to look for the miracles that come so frequently. I do want to have a grateful heart.
    I found a letter recently that my mother wrote to her mother the day after she got married. It was so sweet and of course the tears flowed. I do miss my dear parents.
    Thanks for your lovely thoughts today. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are wise and very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete