Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Connections

Yesterday I went to lunch with two friends that I've known since Jr. High School. As youth, we spent a lot of time together until we graduated from college. Then we went our separate ways. We have just reconnected with each other and are enjoying catching up on life and remembering past times.

I love that these two good friends knew me before 'life happened' to me. They knew me in the beginning. There is something comforting to be with someone outside my family circle that values me, not only for who I am but for who I was.

One of them said yesterday that it's nice to know that you are the same person you were as a child, although life has changed you. Through our joys and trials, we change; but we also remain the same. Being with someone who validates your sameness is comforting.

No comments:

Post a Comment