Monday, June 20, 2011

A Willing Heart

A dear friend's granddaughter was baptized today. The new convert is a young adult that has just blossomed as she has studied the gospel.

I shared with her today the scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 64:34: "Behold, the Lord requireth the heart and a willing mind..."

The Savior told us "Thou shalt love the Lord they God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind." Matthew 22:37.

My grandmother was baptized in the Spree River in Berlin, Germany, the end of January. It was freezing cold, and she was wet--chilled through, but she had a willing heart. I'm grateful for her willing heart. She has given me a great gift.

Will I pass my gift of a willing heart on to those around me and those who follow after me? I hope through my actions that I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment