Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Friends

Sometimes our light goes out, but is blown again into instant flame by an encounter with another human being.

Albert Schweitzer

When my light gets dim (I don't think it ever goes completely out) I organize a day with dear, dear friends. Last Thursday I met a group at the temple and enjoyed every minute with them. It's a peaceful place to be with those you love, and then we laughed and talked over lunch.

In the eveying I met my writing group. They are the greatest people in the world because they keep my head on straight (and it has a tendency to get crooked at times). I trust their judgment and feedback on my stories above all else.

What a gift I've been given to associate with those who help me become better than my best self.

How do you keep your light bright?

No comments:

Post a Comment