Monday, November 26, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars



When you cook with butter and sugar, you can never go wrong!
I took some of these bars to my book signings at Deseret Book in Ogden, and the Bear Lake Craft Fair. Everyone thought they were so good, they wanted the recipe. So, here it is.
They are so very easy to make. I always make a double recipe. You get a lot of dessert for a little amount of work. Just my style!




Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
¾ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup packed brown sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 large egg
2 ¼ cups flour
1 t. baking soda
½ t. salt
1 (12 oz.) package chocolate chips

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Mix sugars, butter and egg in a large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in chocolate chips. Press dough into an ungreased rectangular 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack.
To make a jelly roll pan, double this recipe.

2 comments:

  1. Nice picture and recipe! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this yummy looking recipe. I must say the word Chocolate caught my eye.
    Blessings for a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete