Friday, May 2, 2014

Family Success


 
Several weeks ago I met a family where three generations live in the same house. There is a grandmother, three daughters, and eleven children.

Now this is a lot of people under the same roof. When I first became acquainted with them, I felt a little overpowered. Listening to everyone talk, and getting to know each person seemed overwhelming. But as I learned everyone's name and got used to the chatter and activity of the children, I saw respect and order amidst the commotion.

There are lots of reasons this family functions so well.

1.      The adults support each other.
2.      The adults cooperate with each other.
3.      The adults love each other.
4.      The adults have fun together.
5.      The adults work together.

Therefore:

The children are learning to support each other. If one of them is having difficulty reading, another is always there to help with the hard word.



Child cooperation is evident in this family, especially with the baby of this extended group. As she toddles around, an older sister or brother is always there to pick her up when she falls.

Love abounds in this family as the kids dance together, enjoy group games, and many other activities. 


This family has the necessities of life, but not a lot of extras. They make do with what they have and find fun in being together and learning together. Education matters to this group of people so I know the children will be successful in their pursuits in life.

Everyone works in this family. It's like a big enthusiastic group of people, moving in the same direction.




Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.
Henry Ford.

 I consider it a great blessing to know these people. They have expanded my view of family life. I am a better person because of my friendship with them, and I am grateful for that gift.



1 comment:

  1. Oh I loved this message. I think some of our families are like this but some are not at all. I loved the quote and of course, loved reading this one.
    I am so happy that you are posting a little and I am sure you are keeping a missionary journal.
    Blessings, prayers, love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete