Sunday, March 1, 2015

Be Grateful for Small Daily Miracles



Sometimes I go rushing around through life, exasperated that I have so much to do and so little time to do it. At the end of the day I'm irritable, exhausted, and feeling depressed.

What to do about it?
How do I improve my quality of life?

Every morning when I get out of bed, I take a few minutes to give thanks the small miracles of my life.

Health: I breathe in and out, and I'm grateful for healthy lungs.

Light: I feel the warmth of the sun streaming in my bedroom window, and I'm grateful for light.

Service: A dear friend—an older lady—passed away. I knew and loved her for many years. The person from our church who usually made arrangements for the funeral luncheons was out of town, and I was asked to take care of the details. God knew how much I loved this dear departed friend, so He allowed me to serve her this one last time at her passing.

Friendship: A lady came up to me at a book signing last week and said I looked familiar. I recognized her as a co-worker from twenty years ago. We rekindled our friendship and enjoyed getting reacquainted. The blessings of friendship are all around us if we look.

Love from the past: I received an old letter yesterday saved by a family member. It was written by my grandmother at the time of my father's death over sixty years ago. I was a small child at the time of his passing so I was grateful to receive the details of the events surrounding his death. I'm thankful that my grandmother took time to write the details so many years ago.

Love from the present: My granddaughter sat on the grass and read a book yesterday.

Find the small miracles in your life. Give thanks for them. 

Daily gratitude enhances and enriches all our lives.

19 comments:

  1. Thanks for these beautiful thoughts; I needed them today. I find I do need to look for the miracles that come so frequently. I do want to have a grateful heart.
    I found a letter recently that my mother wrote to her mother the day after she got married. It was so sweet and of course the tears flowed. I do miss my dear parents.
    Thanks for your lovely thoughts today. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are wise and very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work here on this blog has been top notch from day 1. You've been continously providing amazing articles for us all to read and I just hope that you keep it going on in the future as well. Cheers! acim free resources

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm constantly searching on the internet for posts that will help me. Too much is clearly to learn about this. I believe you created good quality items in Functions also. Keep working, congrats! a course in miracles online

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Course in Miracles reflects Jesus' true message: unconditional love for *all people*. While he was on earth, Jesus said to judge a tree by its fruit. So give it a try and see how the fruits that ripen in your life taste. If they taste bad, you can abandon A course in miracles

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Course in Miracles is. The Course falls into the category of channeled material, yet most such material seems to ride the waves of popular currents of thought, telling us more or less what we expect to hear: "You are God." "You create your own reality." "You can have it all." A course in miracles blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe a marvel is fixing illusive pondering the world. Maybe it is removing the body from our considerations a course in miracles master teacher and permitting the psyche to work at endless statures. How you contemplate wonders can possibly be the establishment of your reality while in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your take on the issue. I now have a clear idea on what this matter is all about.. soundcloud a course in miracles

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. ucdm lecciones david hoffmeister

    ReplyDelete
  11. Finally, to see one more as a kin suggests we should give up all choices since we by and by choose to see reality concerning them and ourselves. You can um curso em milagres youtube simply see who your kin are, and normally what your personality is, through giving up what you judged and made substantial through goof. Slip-up covers truth. Seeing is acknowledging which reveals truth.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I needed to impart this story to every one of you. As an understudy of A um curso em milagres videos, one of my objectives is to view at every second as a chance to rehearse absolution.

    ReplyDelete
  13. In this series of articles, we have been examining exceptionalness and all the more explicitly profound uncommonness as it is turning acim teacher into a predominant structure in the Course people group. Like all types of uniqueness, profound exceptionalness is a safeguard of the self image (against the inverse).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Customarily, realizing what causes acim podcast an idea or thought can make it more private. Discover which began A Course in Miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Possibly a wonder is fixing illusive contemplating the world. Possibly it is eliminating un cours en miracles french the body from our contemplations and allowing the mind to work at unlimited heights. How you consider miracles might conceivably be the foundation of your existence while in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Possibly a wonder is fixing illusive contemplating the world. Possibly it is eliminating acim podcasts the body from our contemplations and allowing the mind to work at unlimited heights. How you consider miracles might conceivably be the foundation of your existence while in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The individual being referred to and miscreant are the most win occupations ucdm jesuswe reenact in our uncommon associations overall and events in the world. We influence between being the guilty party (rapscallion) and the recipient (setback) from rehearses. Most think these are two specific positions, and as such, two particular plans of issues requiring various courses of action.

    ReplyDelete
  18. One of the vital parts of the otherworldly standards is that the brain is parted and divided by the numerous decisions of the self image. In ACIM, rectification of the psyche is absolution; and surrendering decisions adjusts these parts and returns the brain to harmony. lecciones de un curso de milagros

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your goals are lofty and powerful, and you have high standards. With a Life Path Number 1, you will attempt anything once, whilst someone else could give up before taking the first step. Because of your pioneering mindset, you may encounter problems more frequently than the majority of people, but this is only because no one has gone before you and paved the route. Although the path has not yet been cleared, you, Number 1, become the leader for all of us. Life Path 1

    ReplyDelete